- RSS Channel Showcase 9877953
- RSS Channel Showcase 5910182
- RSS Channel Showcase 8209222
- RSS Channel Showcase 7624119
Articles on this Page
- 11/29/17--07:49: _The Movement To Rem...
- 12/05/17--07:47: _Marjorie Dannenfels...
- 12/13/17--12:40: _White House Withdra...
- 12/15/17--13:43: _After Mateer And Ta...
- 12/19/17--13:47: _The Year The Religi...
- 01/19/18--10:09: _Judiciary Committee...
- 11/29/17--07:49: The Movement To Remake ‘Religious Liberty’ Is Taking The Courts
- 12/13/17--12:40: White House Withdraws Two Controversial Judicial Nominations
- 12/15/17--13:43: After Mateer And Talley, Unacceptable Nominees Remain
- 12/19/17--13:47: The Year The Religious Right Moved Into The White House
The Senate Judiciary Committee is holding a hearing today on the nomination of Kyle Duncan to a lifetime seat on the Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals. Duncan is one of several of Donald Trump’s judicial nominees who have been affiliated with conservative legal organizations that are working to remake American law to protect discrimination in the […]
Marjorie Dannenfelser, head of the anti-choice Susan B. Anthony List, said on a podcast last week that she expected President Trump’s judicial nominees to help pave the way for state laws stripping Medicaid funding from Planned Parenthood, saying that one “Trump judge” would have tipped a tied circuit court vote last week that allowed the […]
The White House today walked back the nominations of two of President Trump’s most controversial judicial nominees, Brett Talley, a 36-year-old with a record of online extremism who had never tried a case, and Jeff Mateer, a former attorney for a Religious Right legal group who had said that transgender children were part of “Satan’s […]
This post was originally published on the PFAW Blog. The White House was right to withdraw the nominations of Brett Talley and Jeff Mateer to be district court judges. But their withdrawal does not mean that everyone else is acceptable. Other judicial nominees don’t get a pass just because they haven’t been caught on video […]
Donald Trump wasn’t exactly the dream candidate of the Religious Right. Throughout the Republican primary contest, many in the social conservative movement urged voters to pick what one group of anti-choice activists called “anyone but Donald Trump.” But once it became clear that Trump was going to win the GOP nomination, he started aggressively courting the […]
This post originally appeared on the PFAW blog. Yesterday, the Senate Judiciary Committee voted to advance a large number of nominees, six of whom People For the American Way has opposed as dangerously unqualified: Thomas Farr, Eric Dreiband, Mark Norris, Matthew Kacsmaryk, Kyle Duncan and David Stras. Five of these men (yes, they’re all men) […]